Is DHEA safe if I am breastfeeding?

You should not take DHEA supplements if you are breastfeeding. The full effect of short- and long-term use of DHEA supplements on the body has not yet been studied thoroughly, so it is safer to avoid taking it while breastfeeding. DHEA is related to hormone production and because supplements may impede natural production of these and other hormones, DHEA is not recommended for children.

Continue Learning about Androgen

How does testosterone replacement therapy treat erectile dysfunction?
Erection problems and a reduced sex drive can sometimes be caused by a low testosterone level. Testo...
How effective is testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of ED?
Testosterone replacement therapy can improve sex drive and erectile function for some men with low t...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...
Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...