How does DHEA work?

DHEA is a hormone produced naturally by the body, it is a precursor for the sex hormones androgen and estrogen. Although some practitioners promote using DHEA supplements to treat a variety of conditions, exactly how DHEA may work in relation to any of these conditions is unknown. As a topical cream, DHEA appears to produce oils, collagen, and protein, allowing for a reduction in wrinkles.

Continue Learning about Androgen

How effective is testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of ED?
Testosterone replacement therapy can improve sex drive and erectile function for some men with low t...
What is androgen suppression?
Androgen suppression is a treatment to suppress or block the production or action of male hormones. ...
Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...