Could my partner be exposed to Androderm?

Yes, it is possible for another person to be exposed to the Androderm still on the skin after a patch was removed. However, it is unlikely that there will be enough testosterone left on the skin to be a problem. In addition, the film backing on the Androderm patch will prevent your partner from being exposed to the testosterone. It is not necessary to remove the patch when having sexual intercourse, showering or bathing. If you use a topical testosterone gel instead of the patch, some of it could rub off onto your partner in certain situations.

Continue Learning about Androgen

What is androgen suppression?
Androgen suppression is a treatment to suppress or block the production or action of male hormones. ...
How does testosterone replacement therapy treat erectile dysfunction?
Erection problems and a reduced sex drive can sometimes be caused by a low testosterone level. Testo...
Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...