What should go into my anamnesis?

You should try to get family health information for at least three generations when completing your anamnesis. Do not just look at the health conditions of parents and grandparents but also consider the family health history of siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews. For each person, record their

• gender;
  • ethnicity;
  • birthday;
  • diseases/disorders;
  • age of diagnosis for each disorder;
  • problems that might accelerate the health condition (smoking, weight, etc.);
  • cause of death for all deceased, as well as age at death;

You might want to ask specifically about any health conditions that are generally associated with genetics, such as cancer, heart diseases, and dementia among others.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
Can I create an electronic anamnesis?
In today's technological era, electronic medical records are becoming more and more important. For t...
Can I create an anamnesis if I'm adopted?
If you're adopted, it can be harder for you to compile an anamnesis. Of course, you can always begin...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...