What should I do if I have missing information in my anamnesis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Most people will have some information missing from their anamnesis. If you can't find all of the answers in your family health history, it is fine to just leave blank what you do not know. What you shouldn't do is try to guess about any causes of diseases your family members had that went undiagnosed or that they do not remember. Doing so provides misinformation to your health professional. Simply write down what you do know, and try to keep the best records you can for your children.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
How do I determine my anamnesis?
Determining your anamnesis, or medical history, can be challenging, especially if you do not have a ...
Can I put my anamnesis in a family tree?
Yes. In fact, putting your anamnesis in a family tree can actually be a great way to visualize the c...
How can my anamnesis help doctors diagnose my disease?
If your doctor knows your medical history, or anamnesis, he or she better knows what to look for whe...