What should I do if I have missing information in my anamnesis?

Most people will have some information missing from their anamnesis. If you can't find all of the answers in your family health history, it is fine to just leave blank what you do not know. What you shouldn't do is try to guess about any causes of diseases your family members had that went undiagnosed or that they do not remember. Doing so provides misinformation to your health professional. Simply write down what you do know, and try to keep the best records you can for your children.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What diseases can anamnesis predict?
Not all diseases run in families. For this reason, your anamnesis cannot predict your risk for all c...
Why should I care about my anamnesis?
Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. ...
How can anamnesis help me prevent disease?
Doctors who know your anamnesis can help determine what types of disorders you are at risk for. This...
Will having an anamnesis make me healthier?
There is nothing magical about having an anamnesis. Knowing your family history cannot increase your...