What diseases can anamnesis predict?

Not all diseases run in families. For this reason, your anamnesis cannot predict your risk for all conditions. However, some serious diseases can be predicted through the use of anamnesis. These diseases include heart disease, cancer, diabetes, hemophilia, and sickle cell anemia. If doctors know your medical history, they can predict with better accuracy whether or not you are at risk of developing these disorders. And if you are at risk, doctors can help you create a prevention plan.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Can I create an anamnesis if I'm adopted?
If you're adopted, it can be harder for you to compile an anamnesis. Of course, you can always begin...
What should I do with my anamnesis when I finish it?
After you have completed a report of your medical history, or anamnesis, you should give it to your ...
What should go into my anamnesis?
You should try to get family health information for at least three generations when completing your ...
How do I determine my anamnesis?
Determining your anamnesis, or medical history, can be challenging, especially if you do not have a ...