How do I determine my anamnesis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Determining your anamnesis, or medical history, can be challenging, especially if you do not have a family that is supportive in your endeavor. To get better results when attempting to create your anamnesis, you can try allowing family members to answer your medical questions in several formats. Some people may not want to talk about their medical history. Others may not enjoy writing answers that include lengthy medical terms. In either situation, you have a better chance of determining your family's medical history if you offer several options for answering your questions, offer to listen to your relatives' stories of their health conditions, and be sure to keep private information private.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

What should I do if I have missing information in my anamnesis?
Most people will have some information missing from their anamnesis. If you can't find all of the an...
How is anamnesis used?
Doctors can use anamnesis, or your medical history, to help improve your health. There are several w...
What is anamnesis?
Anamnesis is another term for a person's medical history. When compiling your anamnesis, you need to...
Can I put my anamnesis in a family tree?
Yes. In fact, putting your anamnesis in a family tree can actually be a great way to visualize the c...