How can anamnesis help me prevent disease?

Doctors who know your anamnesis can help determine what types of disorders you are at risk for. This means you have the chance to prevent these disorders through lifestyle changes and screenings. If you know you are at risk for developing a certain disorder, you will be more conscious to live in a healthful way. By knowing your anamnesis, doctors can advise you to get screening tests or make changes that will help you ward off disease.

Continue Learning about Anamnesis

Can I create an anamnesis without doing family research?
Your medical history consists not only of conditions you have had, but also of conditions that run i...
How can my anamnesis help doctors diagnose my disease?
If your doctor knows your medical history, or anamnesis, he or she better knows what to look for whe...
Why should I care about my anamnesis?
Your anamnesis, or family health history, can help you understand your health conditions and risks. ...
What should I do if I have missing information in my anamnesis?
Most people will have some information missing from their anamnesis. If you can't find all of the an...