Why would my husband be taking more Demerol than his doctor told him to?

If your husband has been taking Demerol for a long time, he may have developed tolerance to this drug. That means that he may need to keep taking larger and larger doses to get the same pain relief from this medicine that he got when he first started taking it. Talk with your husband if you suspect that he is not taking his medicine exactly the way his doctor told him to take it. He should tell his doctor if the drug is no longer working well for him.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...