Who should not take Asacol?

Asacol is a prescription drug, and you should only take it if your doctor has prescribed it to you. People who are allergic to aspirin, mesalamine, or other salicylates should not take Asacol. You should also tell your doctor of any food, dye, or preservative allergies before taking the drug. Alcohol and tobacco may interact badly with the drug. If you have preexisting problems with your kidney, liver, or stomach, you should be cautious about taking Asacol. If you have a heart condition, you should check with your doctor before taking Asacol. There have been few studies on age, pregnancy, or breastfeeding to determine whether or not Asacol affects people differently according to these variables, but you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...