Who should not take Hydrocodone/APAP?

People with an allergy to Tylenol or narcotic painkillers should not take hydrocodone-APAP (APAP is an abreviation for acetaminophen). If you are taking the prescription drug naltrexone, you should not take hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen because of the risk of serious interactions. Pregnant women should not take hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, since their baby can be born addicted to the medication or have its breathing dangerously slowed during delivery.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...