Who should not take hydrocodone and acetaminophen?

People with an allergy to Tylenol or narcotic painkillers should not take hydrocodone-acetaminophen. If you are taking the prescription drug naltrexone, you should not take hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen because of the risk of serious interactions. Pregnant women should not take hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, since their baby can be born addicted to the medication or have its breathing dangerously slowed during delivery.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...