Who should not use trolamine salicylate?

Anyone who is allergic to aspirin, other salicylates or trolamine should not use analgesic creams that contain trolamine salicylate (Aspercreme, Myoflex and others). Children under 12 years of age should not use these creams without consulting a doctor. You should also check with your doctor before using these creams if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not apply this drug to broken or damaged skin.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...