Who is not a good candidate for treatment with Midol PMS?

Midol PMS is not intended for use as a painkiller in men or in children under 12 years old. In addition, Midol PMS should be used with caution, and only under a doctor's advice, in females who:
  • drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day, as this medication may increase risk of liver damage.
  • currently take other medications containing acetaminophen, to avoid overdose
  • are under 12 years of age
  • have liver or kidney diseases, breathing problems, glaucoma, or difficulty with urination
Because it is not known if Midol PMS passes into breast milk, always ask your doctor before breastfeeding during Midol PMS treatment.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...