When can I stop taking Ultracet?

You can stop taking the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) when you no longer need it for your pain, but do not stop without first speaking with your doctor. Stopping Ultracet abruptly can cause withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, insomnia, pain, nausea, tremors and diarrhea.

Ultracet is used for the short-term management of acute pain. It is typically prescribed for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...