When can I stop taking Ultracet?

You can stop taking the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) when you no longer need it for your pain, but do not stop without first speaking with your doctor. Stopping Ultracet abruptly can cause withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, insomnia, pain, nausea, tremors and diarrhea.

Ultracet is used for the short-term management of acute pain. It is typically prescribed for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...