When can I stop taking Synalgos-DC?

If you no longer need treatment for moderate to severe pain, ask your doctor if you can stop taking Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine). He or she will likely taper your dose so that you gradually come off of the drug; this will help to prevent unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, especially if you've been taking a scheduled dose rather than taking it as needed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...