When can I stop taking Synalgos-DC?

If you no longer need treatment for moderate to severe pain, ask your doctor if you can stop taking Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine). He or she will likely taper your dose so that you gradually come off of the drug; this will help to prevent unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, especially if you've been taking a scheduled dose rather than taking it as needed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...