When can I stop taking Percodan?

You may be able to stop taking Percodan, a prescription pain medication that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin, when you recover from the condition that causes your pain. You may also stop taking this drug if it causes side effects that are dangerous or very bothersome or if it stops working for you. Talk to your doctor about when you can stop taking it -- do not stop on your own. Stopping Percodan suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms, such as sweating, chills, irritability, anxiety, muscle aches and diarrhea. Your doctor may taper your dose so you can stop Percodan gradually.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...