When can I stop taking Percodan?

You may be able to stop taking Percodan, a prescription pain medication that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin, when you recover from the condition that causes your pain. You may also stop taking this drug if it causes side effects that are dangerous or very bothersome or if it stops working for you. Talk to your doctor about when you can stop taking it -- do not stop on your own. Stopping Percodan suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms, such as sweating, chills, irritability, anxiety, muscle aches and diarrhea. Your doctor may taper your dose so you can stop Percodan gradually.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...