When can I stop taking Zydone?

You can probably stop taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) as soon as your pain improves to the point where you don't feel the need for it. Doctors usually tell their patients to take one dose of Zydone every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain. Depending on why you are taking it, you may need to take only one or two doses to help you through the initial pain of an injury or surgery or other problem. In any case, do not take Zydone longer than your doctor recommends or take more than your doctor prescribes. Taking excessive amounts of Zydone increases your risk for potentially serious side effects and for developing a dependence on the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...