When can I stop taking Zydone?

You can probably stop taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) as soon as your pain improves to the point where you don't feel the need for it. Doctors usually tell their patients to take one dose of Zydone every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain. Depending on why you are taking it, you may need to take only one or two doses to help you through the initial pain of an injury or surgery or other problem. In any case, do not take Zydone longer than your doctor recommends or take more than your doctor prescribes. Taking excessive amounts of Zydone increases your risk for potentially serious side effects and for developing a dependence on the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...