When can I stop taking Xodol?

You can probably stop taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) when your pain improves enough that you feel you don't need it anymore. Doctors generally tell their patients to take one dose of Xodol every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain.

Do not take Xodol longer than your doctor recommends or take more than your doctor prescribes. Taking excessive amounts of Xodol increases your risk for potentially serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...