When can I stop taking Xodol?

You can probably stop taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) when your pain improves enough that you feel you don't need it anymore. Doctors generally tell their patients to take one dose of Xodol every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain.

Do not take Xodol longer than your doctor recommends or take more than your doctor prescribes. Taking excessive amounts of Xodol increases your risk for potentially serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...