When can I stop taking Vicodin?

You can stop taking the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) when you're not suffering from moderate to severe pain or if you develop side effects that become problematic. However, you should not stop taking it without first talking with your doctor.

Because Vicodin contains the narcotic drug hydrocodone, your body can become dependent on it, causing withdrawal symptoms if you suddenly stop taking it. If you've been on Vicodin for several weeks or more, talk with your doctor about decreasing your dose in stages. You should also talk to your doctor if you want to stop taking Vicodin because it's no longer helping you. You may need a higher dose, but it isn't safe for you to increase the dose on your own. You may also need a different drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...