When can I stop taking Magnacet?

You may be able to stop taking the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're no longer suffering moderate to moderately severe pain or if you've developed side effects that become problematic. However, if you've been taking Magnacet for a few weeks or more, don't stop taking it before talking with your doctor. Because Magnacet contains the narcotic drug oxycodone, your body can become dependent on it; stopping suddenly could make you experience withdrawal symptoms. Talk with your doctor about gradually decreasing your dose.

You should also talk to your doctor if you're considering stopping Magnacet because it's no longer helping you. Over time, your body can become used to Magnacet and require more of it to control the same level of pain, so you may need a higher dose -- or a different drug. But don't increase your dose without checking with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...