When should I call my doctor if I am taking Tylox?

When taking Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, you should call your doctor if you develop side effects that are severe or do not go away. Common side effects include constipation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite and mood changes.

You or someone with you should call your doctor right away if you experience serious side effects, such as a change in the rate of your heart beat, trouble breathing or slowed breathing, hives, hallucinations or loss of consciousness.

Since Tylox is a narcotic pain reliever containing oxycodone, you need to be aware of the signs of overdose, which include trouble breathing, clammy skin, loss of consciousness and cardiac arrest (when an arrhythmia causes the heart to stop beating). You should also call your doctor if Tylox is not working well enough to relieve your pain. You may need a higher dose or a different drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...