When should I call my doctor if I am taking Tylox?

When taking Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, you should call your doctor if you develop side effects that are severe or do not go away. Common side effects include constipation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite and mood changes.

You or someone with you should call your doctor right away if you experience serious side effects, such as a change in the rate of your heart beat, trouble breathing or slowed breathing, hives, hallucinations or loss of consciousness.

Since Tylox is a narcotic pain reliever containing oxycodone, you need to be aware of the signs of overdose, which include trouble breathing, clammy skin, loss of consciousness and cardiac arrest (when an arrhythmia causes the heart to stop beating). You should also call your doctor if Tylox is not working well enough to relieve your pain. You may need a higher dose or a different drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...