When should I call my doctor if I am taking Tylox?

When taking Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, you should call your doctor if you develop side effects that are severe or do not go away. Common side effects include constipation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite and mood changes.

You or someone with you should call your doctor right away if you experience serious side effects, such as a change in the rate of your heart beat, trouble breathing or slowed breathing, hives, hallucinations or loss of consciousness.

Since Tylox is a narcotic pain reliever containing oxycodone, you need to be aware of the signs of overdose, which include trouble breathing, clammy skin, loss of consciousness and cardiac arrest (when an arrhythmia causes the heart to stop beating). You should also call your doctor if Tylox is not working well enough to relieve your pain. You may need a higher dose or a different drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...