Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen and codeine) is a prescription pain reliever for treating mild to moderate pain. At one time, Tylenol with Codeine came in four different strengths, but now only two are available (#3 and #4). The tablets always contain the same amount of acetaminophen, 300 milligrams (mg), but each formulation delivers a different amount of codeine. Tylenol with Codeine #3 contains 30 mg of codeine. Your doctor will tell you what strength is best for your condition.
- Q Who should not take acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q Does acetaminophen-codeine cause liver damage?
- Q How does acetaminophen-codeine treat coughs?
- Q How does acetaminophen with codeine interact with other drugs or foods?
- Q Is acetaminophen-codeine safe for long-term use?
- Q How should I take acetaminophen-codeine?