What is Tylenol with Codeine?

Tylenol with Codeine is a prescription medication that is a combination of two drugs, acetaminophen and codeine. It is used to treat mild to moderate pain.

Tylenol with Codeine comes in two strengths. Each contains 300 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen, but the amount of codeine varies: Tylenol with Codeine #3 contains 30 mg of codeine, and Tylenol with Codeine #4 contains 60 mg of codeine. (Tylenol with Codeine #1 and #2 are no longer available.)

Your doctor will tell you what strength is best for your condition.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
how do analgesics interact with other medications ?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
should i let my doctor know i am taking analgesics ?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...