What should I do if I miss a dose of Zydone?

Missing a dose of the pain reliever Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) should not be a problem for most people because the drug is not meant to be taken on a rigid schedule. The typical recommended dose for Zydone is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. If you miss a dose, simply take it when you realize your mistake or when you begin to feel pain again.

Follow your doctor's guidelines for taking Zydone carefully. Do not take a higher dose, take it more frequently or take Zydone for a longer period of time than prescribed. Doing so may raise your risk for side effects and possibly for overdosing on the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...