What should I do if I miss a dose of Zydone?

Missing a dose of the pain reliever Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) should not be a problem for most people because the drug is not meant to be taken on a rigid schedule. The typical recommended dose for Zydone is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. If you miss a dose, simply take it when you realize your mistake or when you begin to feel pain again.

Follow your doctor's guidelines for taking Zydone carefully. Do not take a higher dose, take it more frequently or take Zydone for a longer period of time than prescribed. Doing so may raise your risk for side effects and possibly for overdosing on the drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...