What should I do if I miss a dose of Vicodin?

Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is usually taken as needed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. If your doctor has told you to take it regularly and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, just wait until then to take it. Don't double up to make up for a skipped dose, and always leave at least four hours between pills.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...