What should I do if I miss a dose of Vicodin?

Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is usually taken as needed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. If your doctor has told you to take it regularly and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, just wait until then to take it. Don't double up to make up for a skipped dose, and always leave at least four hours between pills.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...