What should I do if I miss a dose of Vicodin?

Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is usually taken as needed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. If your doctor has told you to take it regularly and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, just wait until then to take it. Don't double up to make up for a skipped dose, and always leave at least four hours between pills.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...