What should I do if I miss a dose of Ultracet?

If you are taking Ultracet on a regular schedule and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and resume your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Ultracet to make up for one you missed. Ultracet is a prescription pain medication that contains two drugs: tramadol and acetaminophen. It's important to note that Ultracet should be taken only when you are in pain, so you may not have the kind of regular dosing schedule you would if you were taking a drug like an antibiotic.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...