What should I do if I miss a dose of Tylenol with Codeine?

Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine) is usually prescribed on an "as needed" basis to help relieve mild to moderate pain, and if those are the instructions you got, you can't really miss a dose. But if your doctor told you to take Tylenol with Codeine regularly, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, unless it's almost time for your next one. In that case, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...