What should I do if I miss a dose of Synalgos-DC?

Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine) is usually taken as needed and not on a regular dosing schedule, so you can't really miss a dose unless your doctor has told you to take it regularly. If that's the case, take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. If it is, skip the missed dose and take the next one at the regular time. Do not take a double dose of this prescription pain reliever.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...