What should I do if I miss a dose of Demerol?

Demerol (meperidine) is usually taken as needed to treat pain rather than on a regular schedule, so you can't really miss a dose. However, if your doctor has told you to take Demerol on a schedule and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the next one at the regular time. Do not take a double dose of Demerol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...