What should I do if I miss a dose of Demerol?

Demerol (meperidine) is usually taken as needed to treat pain rather than on a regular schedule, so you can't really miss a dose. However, if your doctor has told you to take Demerol on a schedule and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the next one at the regular time. Do not take a double dose of Demerol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...