What should I do if I miss a dose of Demerol?

Demerol (meperidine) is usually taken as needed to treat pain rather than on a regular schedule, so you can't really miss a dose. However, if your doctor has told you to take Demerol on a schedule and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the next one at the regular time. Do not take a double dose of Demerol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how do analgesics interact with other medications ?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
how effective is capsaicin ?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...