What should I know about Synalgos-DC before taking it?

Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine) is a combination drug that's prescribed to treat moderate to severe pain. One of the active ingredients in this medication, dihydrocodeine, is a narcotic and can be habit forming. If you have a history of substance abuse, make sure your doctor knows before you begin taking Synalgos-DC. You should also make sure that he or she has a list of all other medications you take, since some may interact with Synalgos-DC, including other narcotic-containing medications, and antidepressants that are in the class of monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. If you've taken an MAO inhibitor within the past 14 days, it is not safe for you to take Synalgos-DC.

Synalgos-DC may make you drowsy and impair your coordination. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you. You should know that it's not safe to drink alcohol while taking Synalgos-DC. Also, you should not take Synalgos-DC if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Synalgos-DC should not be given to children for pain relief after surgery to remove tonsils or adenoids.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...