What should I know about Asacol before taking it?

You and your doctor should carefully evaluate the risks of Asacol before taking it. You should tell your doctor about drugs you currently use and also about drugs that have produced allergic reactions in the past, especially to the drug sulfasalazine. Preexisting kidney or liver problems may make the side effects of Asacol more dangerous. You should be especially wary of side effects immediately after you start taking Asacol; report anything unusual to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...