What are possible side effects of Magnacet?

The prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can cause a number of side effects. Among the most serious is difficulty breathing. Call your doctor or seek emergency help if your heartbeat seems too fast or slow, if it is difficult to breathe or your breathing slows down, your chest doesn’t move much when you breathe or you feel faint, dizzy or confused. Take similar action if you experience any of the following symptoms:
  • hives
  • rash
  • swollen face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs
  • hoarseness
  • difficulty swallowing
  • hallucinations 
  • seizures
  • loss of consciousness
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • pain in the upper right part of the stomach
  • yellowing of the eyes or skin
The following side effects are not considered serious unless they are extreme, in which case you should also call your doctor:
  • nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite
  • constipation
  • dry mouth
  • light-headedness or dizziness
  • drowsiness
  • flushing, sweating
  • itching
  • weakness
  • headache
  • mood changes
  • red eyes

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...