What is Percodan?

Percodan is a prescription medication that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. It treats moderate to severe pain.

Oxycodone is a morphine-like substance, and aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). The drugs work in different but complementary ways. The combination of aspirin and oxycodone in Percodan relieves pain better than either drug alone.

Percodan comes in tablet form and is frequently prescribed for pain related to cancer, dental procedures and back problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...