What is Percodan?

Percodan is a prescription medication that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. It treats moderate to severe pain.

Oxycodone is a morphine-like substance, and aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). The drugs work in different but complementary ways. The combination of aspirin and oxycodone in Percodan relieves pain better than either drug alone.

Percodan comes in tablet form and is frequently prescribed for pain related to cancer, dental procedures and back problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...