What is Percodan?

Percodan is a prescription medication that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. It treats moderate to severe pain.

Oxycodone is a morphine-like substance, and aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). The drugs work in different but complementary ways. The combination of aspirin and oxycodone in Percodan relieves pain better than either drug alone.

Percodan comes in tablet form and is frequently prescribed for pain related to cancer, dental procedures and back problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...