What is Pamprin Multi-Symptom?

Pamprin Multi-Symptom is an over-the-counter (non-prescription) combination of medications that treats symptoms associated with menstruation. Pamprin Multi-Symptom contains a pain reliever (acetaminophen), a diuretic or fluid elimination pill (pamabrom), and an antihistamine (pyrilamine maleate). Pamprin Multi-Symptom helps relieve cramps, headaches, backaches, muscular aches, bloating, water-weight gain, and irritability. This same combination of medications is found in other over-the-counter drugs including Midol PMS Maximum Strength, and Premesyn PMS. Ask your doctor for other possible uses of Pamprin Multi-Symptom.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...