What should I do if I miss a dose of Xodol?

Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is usually taken on an as-needed basis to relieve pain, so missing a dose may not be a problem, especially if your symptoms don't worsen. If your doctor does recommend a regular schedule for your pills and you miss a dose, take it when you realize your mistake and then wait at least four hours before taking your next dose. Do not double up on doses to make up for a pill you missed.

The usual recommended adult dose of Xodol is one tablet every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain, but talk to your doctor and follow his or her directions exactly. Do not take a higher dose of Xodol or take it more frequently or for a longer period of time than prescribed. Taking excessive amounts of Xodol may raise your risk for potentially serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...