What should I do if I miss a dose of Xodol?

Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is usually taken on an as-needed basis to relieve pain, so missing a dose may not be a problem, especially if your symptoms don't worsen. If your doctor does recommend a regular schedule for your pills and you miss a dose, take it when you realize your mistake and then wait at least four hours before taking your next dose. Do not double up on doses to make up for a pill you missed.

The usual recommended adult dose of Xodol is one tablet every four to six hours as needed to relieve pain, but talk to your doctor and follow his or her directions exactly. Do not take a higher dose of Xodol or take it more frequently or for a longer period of time than prescribed. Taking excessive amounts of Xodol may raise your risk for potentially serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...