What if I miss a dose of magnesium salicylate?

If you miss your regular dose of magnesium salicylate, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the dose and simply get back to your regular dosing schedule. Never take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. Taking more than prescribed increases your risk of overdose, which can be fatal.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...