What is Lortab?

Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is a prescription medicine to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. Because hydrocodone is a narcotic, Lortab is a controlled substance, which means it is subject to relatively strict government regulation. Long-term use may lead to tolerance and to dependence. It is important to take it exactly as directed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...