What is Zostrix?

Zostrix contains a low concentration of capsaicin (0.025% by weight) and is available in two strengths without a prescription. For economy, you could make your own ointment by mixing the correct amount of cayenne pepper (which contains at least 0.5% capsaicin by dry weight) with your preferred skin cream. Making your own preparation, though, requires careful handling to avoid getting the pepper extract in the eyes or on any sensitive surfaces, and the ointment takes time to prepare.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...