What is Vicodin ES?

The prescription pain medication Vicodin ES (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is an extra-strength version of regular Vicodin. It contains 7.5 milligrams (mg) of hydrocodone and 750 mg of acetaminophen, compared with regular Vicodin's 5 mg and 500 mg, respectively.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...