What is Ultracet?

Ultracet is a prescription pain medication that combines an opioid painkiller (tramadol) with the common pain reliever acetaminophen. This combination has been found to offer better pain relief than either medicine used alone. It is used for the short-term management of acute pain and is typically prescribed for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...