What is Percocet?

Percocet is a prescription pain-relief medicine. Percocet is the brand name of the combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone. This drug may also be found under the brand names Endocet, Magnacet, Narvox, Roxicet and Tylox. Its components, acetaminophen and oxycodone, work together to help relieve moderate to severe pain. Percocet is available in tablet, capsule and liquid form.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...