What is pentazocine-naloxone?

Pentazocine-naloxone is a combination drug. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Pentazocine belongs to a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. Naloxone is also a narcotic drug; it helps to prevent the misuse of narcotic medicines. Brand names for pentazocine-naloxone include Talwin NX.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...