What is pentazocine-naloxone?

Pentazocine-naloxone is a combination drug. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Pentazocine belongs to a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. Naloxone is also a narcotic drug; it helps to prevent the misuse of narcotic medicines. Brand names for pentazocine-naloxone include Talwin NX.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...