What is pentazocine and acetaminophen?

Available under the brand name Talacen, a combination of pentazocine and acetaminophen is used as a pain reliever. Acetaminophen is a general pain reliever, while pentazocine is a narcotic. Together, this combination prescription drug is used to treat pain that is mild to moderately severe. The drug combination relieves pain by working in the brain to change the amount of pain you feel.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...