What is meperidine?

Meperidine is a narcotic analgesic (pain reliever) that is similar to morphine. The drug is used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is available as an injectable solution, liquid or tablet. Meperidine is the generic name for this drug. The brand name is Demerol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...