What is magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate?

Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate is an aspirin-like drug used to relieve mild to moderate pain. It may be used particularly to treat the pain and swelling caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This drug is available in various strengths, both as a prescription and over-the-counter medication. The brand names this drug may be found under include: Novasal, Doan's Regular, Doan's Extra Strength, Momentum, Keygesic-10, and MST 600. It may also be available under other brand names not listed here.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...