What is diflunisal?

Diflunisal, also known under the brand name Dolobid, is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) taken by mouth to treat mild to moderate pain and to reduce pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Like other NSAIDs, it works by interfering with the chemical reaction in the body that causes swelling. It is available only by prescription.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...