What is Canasa?

Canasa is the brand name of mesalamine rectal suppository, a salicylate medication used to treat ulcerative colitis, proctitis and proctosigmoiditis. The medication has antiinflammatory activity, thus decreases the inflammation caused by these conditions. Mesalamine oral tablet and capsule are available under different brand names.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...