What is Azulfidine EN-Tabs?

Azulfidine EN-Tabs, available by prescription, is used to treat ulcerative colitis. Sulfasalazine, the active ingredient in Azulfidine EN-Tabs, works to reduce the inflammation, tissue damage, and diarrhea associated with ulcerative colitis. Azulfidine EN-Tabs can also be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis in people who haven't responded to other arthritis medications. You should take Azulfidine EN-Tabs exactly as directed by your doctor. The tablets are specially coated to help protect your stomach, so do not crush or break them. A generic version of Azulfidine EN-Tabs is available under the name sulfasalazine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...