What is aspirin and oxycodone?

Aspirin and oxycodone is a combination tablet used for relief of moderate to moderately severe pain in adults. Aspirin and oxycodone is available under the brand names Percodan and Endodan, both available by prescription only. Aspirin is a member of the salicylate group of drugs while oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever. Together, they work to reduce both pain and inflammation. Aspirin and oxycodone is usually taken every six hours, although dosing schedules may change based on a doctor's recommendation. Oxycodone could become habit-forming, so it must be used exactly as prescribed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

should i let my doctor know i am taking analgesics ?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
how can analgesics relieve cold symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...